Monday, July 11, 2011

Book Review: Dreamfever


TITLE: Dreamfever
Book 4 in the Fever series
AUTHOR: Karen Marie Moning
PUBLISHED: 2009
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Faeries, drama, romance
SHORT PREMISE: In a war torn Dublin Mac fights faeries.
MY REVIEW: Dublin has been overrun with faeries, Mac is in danger of losing herself as she's raped over and over by faeries but is rescued by Barrons and Dana. After much struggle she finally comes back but not without a few scars, namely that she and Barrons had sex (lots of sex) while she was unhinged. Now she deals with a faerie run Dublin and Rowena who is trying her darnest to kill her.
I was only mildly into the Fever series during the first two books. I enjoyed them but they were just ho hum. Then book 3 happened and Moning upped the ante and this book is no different. We see a Mac finally say "to hell with it all" and while it's nice to see, it's also a tad scary because it doesn't feel like the Mac I've come to know and adore. But still, all the stuff that made you fall for the fever series in the first place is still here: Barrons and Mac bickering, V'Lane being...V'Lane, plot developements up the wazoo, and a nail biting ending that makes me eager to get my hands on Shadowfever. I totally understand why this series gained a large following. I loved that Moning is not afraid to take her characters to dark places and she doesn't ignore the complications that come with people like Barrons and V'Lane.
Sometimes I admit I wish she would have slowed down a bit, but we're nearing the end so I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Will be getting Shadowfever as soon as possible (possibly this week if my library has it). I am definitely a Fever fan and can't wait to see what Moning has in store for us next.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that have read the first 3 books, urban fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five daggers

No comments:

Post a Comment