Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Book Review: On the Edge


TITLE: On the Edge
Book 1 in the Edge series
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
PUBLISHED: 2009
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, romance
SHORT PREMISE: A girl meets a demon who wants to marry her but she's having none of it.
MY REVIEW: Rose has been hunted for her powerful gift for years so she's understandably suspicious of Declan who comes and proposes marriage. She gives him three challenges, if he fails he goes away, if he wins, she marries him. But now Rose isn't so sure she wants Declan going away anymore...
On the Edge is more romance based then the Kate Daniels series and it's still good. If you must write cliche romances at least do it well like Andrews does here. Declan and Rose are fun snarky romantic leads and we all know I like my snarky couples ;). So it was a tad predictable and I didn't feel as great attachement to it like I did with the Kate Daniels series but it's still fun and decently written and once again, Andrews creates a fantastic world that fascinates me and I want to know more about.
If you're in the mood for a good urban fantasy romance then I definitely rec this series. No, it's not as good as Kate Daniels but it's definitely a step above your typical romance book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Kate Daniels fans, romance fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five shifters

No comments:

Post a Comment