Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Book Review: Bone Crossed


TITLE: Bone Crossed
Book 4 in the Mercy Thompson series
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
PUBLISHED: 2009
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: urban fantasy, werewolves, romance, mystery, drama
SHORT PREMISE: Mercy battles the queen the of the vampires
MY REVIEW: In the fourth Mercy book, she deals with many things. Her growing relationship with Adam and the fact that she's now part of his pack, the aftermath of her rape, a vampire queen who is out for her blood, and of course more mystery.
While I certainly do like this series (aside from some uncomfortableness with the Adam/Mercy relationship) I don't know. This book was kind of, dare I say it, boring? I'm happy she solved the love triangle but now it seems like there's not much else reason to read this series. I don't want to think that was the only thing driving this series though because there are many good things to like such as Mercy herself who is awesome, awesome side characters in the forms of Warren and Kyle (seriously, those two need their own book), and vaguely intriguing social commentary. But honestly, it was just sort of ho hum.
I'm giving this series one more shot but if it doesn't thrill me, I'm giving up on the series because there's too little time to spend on books where I know the ending and there's not much incentive to read the next one. That's the whole reason I haven't really been keen on finishing Bewitching Mysteries either even though I do vaguely enjoy the books.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read the first 3 Mercy books, urban fantasy fans, Kelley Armstrong fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five gas stained napkins

No comments:

Post a Comment