Friday, December 10, 2010

Book Review: The Grimm Legacy


TITLE: The Grimm Legacy
AUTHOR: Polly Shulman
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: fantasy
PREMISE: Elizabeth gets a job at a repository hoping to make some friends and some cash. She finds more then she bargained for because this collection of items is more then it seems...
MY REVIEW: I have mixed feelings about this book to be honest. Part of me loved the whole premise and idea of it. A library that is actually items? Not just items but historical items and magical items from fairytales? Awesome! That aspect of the novel I loved. I also liked Elizabeth a bit and found the romance with her and Aaron cute. There were also some hilarious scenes that just made me grin.
However there were some flaws. Characters weren't wholly fleshed out, Much of the adventure part is random and a bit confusing at times, and I wished more details could have been added such as how did this collection get started in the first place? That sort of thing.
But overall it was enjoyable. If you're a fan of fairytales like I am you'll like this one. This seems tailor-made for a sequel (hint hint, author) and I certainly wouldn't mind one.
WHO SHOULD READ: Grimm fairytale fans, fantasy fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five fairytale shoes

FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
12 by 12 in December
One Hundred Plus Books
YA Challenge
Support Your Local Library

No comments:

Post a Comment