Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Book/Blogger Resolutions

So here are my resolutions for next year concerning this blog and books.

For Blog:
1) Be more active in commenting on other's blogs and friending and whatnot.
2) Get a new layout for the new year.
3) Try to edit (I've noticed I missed a few typos in past posts. My bad guys.)
4) Look into these contest things. I haven't done contests because I have no clue how to go about them and I'm not near a post office to actively mail stuff. I'm going to try and see about getting that done this year and maybe having a contest or two in the summer. Can't gaurentee anything though.
5) Participate in more memes and BE CONSISTANT with it.
6) Start those features you thought up. For those wondering they were weekly ones that were these:
TV Weekly chat (that I promise will be kept up to date with this time!)
Random Book Topic of the Week-Where I will talk (or rant about depending) on a topic that is of interest during that week. It may be anything from movie news, to book news, to issues like that publishing thing involving the I Am Number Four book, or just something among YA world that I've noticed that bugs me or I want to chat about.

For book reading:
1) Read more books. I've read about 215ish books (I haven't done the grand count yet as I'm still reading one right now and will probably finish before the end of the year). For 2011 I'm going to aim for 250.
2) Keep more up to date on newer books. Now that I have Net Galley and my library is starting to get more recent books in, I may be able to actually keep up this year!
3) Continue to read those books that you've been meaning to read for awhile. Up for this year:
Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (all fired up and ready to read on my Kindle!)
Gena Showalter
Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Sarah Dessen
Jodi Piccoult
Sweep series by Cate Tiernan
Garth Nix
Thirst series by Christopher Pike
Water for Elephants (hopefully I'll get it done before the movie comes out)
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (yes, I've finally convinced myself to read itO
4) Finish up some of those series that you began this year. For instance:
The Parasol Proctorate series by Gail Carrigan
The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs
Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong
The Millaneum Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
5) Read the books you missed on this year for instance:
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Reckless by Cornelia Funke
Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev
The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Book 4 by Michael Scott
Airhead Trilogy 3-Runaway by Meg Cabot
The Darkest Powers Trilogy Book 3: The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
6) Get a case for Kindle so you can actually, you know, carry it around like it's meant to be.
7) Continue to read books outside of your comfort zone like last year. For those wondering, I normally would have never have picked up stuff like Briggs, or Larsson, plus I've been reading a few classics that I haven't reviewed here because I figured that by now everyone's probably said whatever I have to say about them so why bother?
I also would have never have bothered with a bunch of the vampire books but my previous resolution last year was to go through all the vampire books that I scoffed at before and I'm glad I did because otherwise I would never have discovered Vampire Academy, Sunshine and all the other ones that I mistakingly lumped in with Twilight.
8) Go through the Angel books this year. It surprised me how I actually somewhat enjoyed Hush Hush. So this year I'm going to give this subgenre a try. So you can expect reviews of the second Hush Hush book, Personal Demons, Halo, Fallen, and so on.

1 comment: