Sunday, April 2, 2017

Notable Releases: 3/26-4/1

Sorry for the rather late Notable Releases this week. Last few days have been busy so I haven't had time to do the post until now. Anyway, here are the notable releases from this past week that are on my radar, I think other people might be interested in, or are just plain buzz worthy books.

MG/YA

Star-Touched Queen Book 2: A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi

Star-Touched Queen was a pleasant surprise from last year. I look forward to the sequel, even if I think it would have been better to do it as just a standalone.





Vigilante by Kady Cross

The reviews for this have...not been great. But I've learned to not really trust reviews on Goodreads. I mean, these were the same people who assured me that Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan was crap and that wound up being one of my favorite books from last year so...





Openly Straight Book 2: Honestly Ben by Bill Konigsburg

If you were hoping for a sequel to Openly Straight, rejoice: it is here. Though from what I understand it's more of a companion book than a sequel.

Strange the Dreamer Book 1 by Laini Taylor

New Laini Taylor series! Finally! I honestly have no idea what this one is about, but it's Laini Taylor, so I'm reading it, no questions asked.







Horizon Book 1: Horizon by Scott Westerfield

Latest Scott Westerfield. That sort of sounds like a cross between Lord of the Flies and the Gone series by Michael Grant.







Adult Fiction:

The Black Book by James Patterson and David Ellis

The latest bi-weekly offereing from James Patterson. Dude, get some sleep. Seriously.







Non-Fiction:

How to be a Bawse: A Guide for Conquering Life by Lilly Singh

The latest YouTuber who I was apparently supposed to know about (but don't because I only watch BookTube and even that's sparingly) to get their own book. I'm personally not into self-help books, but someone somewhere will probably be interested in this.





On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons From the Twentieth Century by Timothy Snyder

Sadly, I have a feeling this book is going to become very relevant in the coming years.






Some TP/HC Graphic novels/Manga released this week:

B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth Vol. 15: Cometh the Hour
Black Hammer Vol. 1: Secret Origins
Cyrptocracy TP
Henchgirl TP
Doom Patrol Vol. 3
Hellblazer Vol. 1: The Poison Truth
Afar GN
Invincible Vol. 23
Saga Vol. 7
Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vol. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment