Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Book Review: Squirrel Meets World

TITLE: Squirrel Meets World
Part of the Marvel book series
AUTHOR: Shannon Hale and Dean Hale
PUBLISHED: February 7th, 2017
CATEGORY: Middle-Grade
PREMISE: Doreen starts at a new school while trying to figure out her squirrel powers and this whole superhero thing..
MY REVIEW: I adore the Squirrel-Girl comics. Marvel has had its ups and downs lately in the comic side of things, I freely admit this. But Squirrel-Girl has been one of the most delightful ups. So needless to say, I was thrilled when I heard there was going to be a Squirrel-Girl book.
This one is like most of the other Marvel written books out there. It has a great feel for the character, it gets the tone right, I definitely feel like this is a teenage Doreen. It's just plot wise...the book is a little all over the place. Which I notice is a thing for these comics to written book things.. Sometimes characters do better in other mediums and I suspect Squirrel-Girl is one of those. Because while the book definitely had the fun Squirrel-Girl vibe...it's not what I would call a brilliant book.
This is one I would mostly recommend to fans of the comic. If you never have read Squirrel-Girl before...this is not a good introduction, instead do the first volume of the recent series. That will give you a much better intro to the delight that is Doreen.
WHO SHOULD READ: young Marvel fans, Squirrel-Girl fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five the comic is better feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment