Thursday, April 13, 2017

Book Review: Ghost Talkers

TITLE: Ghost Talkers
AUTHOR: Mary Robinette Kowal
PUBLISHED: August 2016
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Historical Fantasy/Mystery/Alternate History
PREMISE: During WWI a medium enlisted in the army starts to uncover secrets and betrayals...
MY REVIEW: I have been meaning to read Kowal for awhile now. Her Glamourist Histories series looks right up my ally and I've heard good things. After reading this book, I understand why I've heard those good things. This book was just good.
It's an alternate history of sorts where there are mediums enlisted in the army to help talk to the ghosts of dead soldiers. The world is wonderfully built and the author weaves a damn good mystery in it to keep interest going. Ginger was a fun character whom I honestly wouldn't mind spending more time with. There seems to be only one book planned in this universe so far but honestly...I wouldn't say no to more books.
But in the meantime, I think I'm definitely going to be looking into Kowal's other books sooner, rather than later. This was so good and wonderfully written.
WHO SHOULD READ: Alternate History fans, steampunk fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five dead soldiers sticking around

No comments:

Post a Comment