Saturday, April 15, 2017

New Releases: 4/9-4/15

Here are this past week's releases that are on my radar, are books I think people might want to know are out there, or are just getting lots of buzz.

MG/YA

Alex and Eliza by Melissa de la Cruz

The uber Hamilton fan in me wants to read this. But the book reader in me who has been burned too many times by Cruz's books is very hesitant. We'll see if I ever read it.






Given Duet Book 1: Given to the Sea by Mindy McGinnis

After The Female of the Species, I'm on the McGinnis fangirl train. So chances are I'll be picking this one up at some point.







The Takedown by Corrie Wang

I've seen this interesting looking contemporary floating around the internet for a bit. Might take a look when I can.







Adult Fiction:

The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova

Historical fiction from the author of the popular book (that I still haven't read) The Historian.







The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda

This week's twisty thriller offering comes from the author of All the Missing Girls. Which from what I understand was a pretty popular read last year.







Non-Fiction:

Too Much and Not in the Mood by Durga Chew-Rose

Interesting looking new essay collection.

Notes on a Banana: A Memoir of Food, Love, and Manic Depression by David Leite

Foodies, if you're looking for a new book dealing with food, sounds like this may be for you.






Some Graphic Novel/Comics Released this week:

Welcome Back Vol. 2 TP
Woods Vol. 6 TP
Batman Vol. 2: I Am Suicide TP
Jem and the Holograms Vol. 4: Enter The Stingers TP
Fix Vol. 2 TP
Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol. 3 TP

No comments:

Post a Comment