Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2015

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.

This week: New-to-me authors I read in 2015

So I read a wide variety of books this year. I read some really old books I've been meaning too, some newer ones from last year I meant to get to but didn't, and finally tried some series I've been meaning too for awhile now. This list is just a sample of new authors I found this year that I enjoyed.

1) Sherman Alexie-Yes, I FINALLY got around to Diary of a Part-Time Indian this year. Loved it. I plan on checking out Alexie's other adult books next year.

2) Maya Angelou-Another author whose other books I plan on checking out as soon as I find time.

3) Jasper Fforde-If you haven't read the Thursday Next series, you really really should. It's been my favorite find this year.

4) Anne Bishop-I've been hearing about Bishop off and on for awhile. I finally sat down and read Written in Red and I kind of loved it. Will definitely be reading the rest of Bishop's stuff in the future.

5) William Ritter-The Jackaby series is as fun as everyone has probably been telling you.

6) Octavia Butler-Why this woman hasn't been more widely read, I will never know. Well, knowing the Sci-Fi community as I do, I kind of have an idea why (hint: her race and her gender have something to do with it). But seriously, read Butler if you're a sci-fi fan.

7) Jandy Nelson-I'll Give You the Sun was great. I plan on getting to the Sky is Everywhere soon.

8) Roxanne Gay-Gay's Bad Feminist was my first intro to essay books and to the awesomeness that is Roxanne Gay (seriously, follow her on Twitter). Untamed State is on the TBR list.

9) Naomi Novik-Uprooted was my first introduction to this author. The dragon series she's known for has gone up in my TBR list after reading it.

10) Alan Bradley-The Flavia de Luce series is a delight. I can't wait to read them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment