Monday, December 28, 2015

2015 Favorite Book List Part 1: Favorite Backlist Books

Welcome to my tradition of just going over all of my favorite books over the last week of the year. This will be split up into several parts going up to New Years Day where I will hopefully get back to regular reviewing. This first part is all my favorite books that I read this year that were not published in 2015.

Favorite Backlist Books:

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen (and really all of the Austens I read this year)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books 2-5 by Douglas Adams-I finally finished this series via audio and it was a delight. For those curious, I did the Martin Freeman narrated audiobooks and I highly recommend them.
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
The Handmaiden's Tale by Margaret Atwood
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Vicious by V. E. Schwab
The Archived Book 2: Unbound by Victoria Schwab
Thursday Next Books 1-3 by Jasper Fforde
Others Book 1: Written in Red by Anne Bishop
Dresden Files Books 2-4 by Jim Butcher
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Discworld: Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett (I was bad about getting the Discworld done this year)
Kindred by Octavia Butler
Heroes of Olympus series Books 2-5 by Rick Riordan
Flavia de Luce Book 1: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
Jackaby Book 1 by William Ritter
Cormoran Strike Book 2: The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
Finishing School Book 3: Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger
Raven Cycle Book 3: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
His Fair Assassin Book 3: Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay
Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
Magisterium Book 1: The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black

No comments:

Post a Comment