Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Goals/Resolutions for 2015

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish

This Week: Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2015

1) Read 150 books at least: I did make my goal of 200 this year (a lot weren't reviewed here for various reasons), but as it looks like I'm going to be trying to move next year, I will likely have lots of my free time eaten up by working more to get moving money and getting my new place. So I'll probably have less reading time.

2) Get through the A authors in my reading through the library project: I'm about midway at the moment (at Al) so I think this is entirely possible. Especially as most of the upcoming authors are romance authors whom I have no interest in reading so I can skip a bunch of those. Possibly, I'll make it the B authors by July. May even get to the second row of shelves this year!

3) Keep up more on new releases: was kind of bad about that this year.

4) Keep up on my Net Galley reading: kind of ties into the keeping up on new releases thing, but I was sort of bad about Galley reading this year. Sorry publishers!

5) Finally read the rest of Jane Austen's books: I got the Barnes and Noble Jane Austen hardcover for Christmas this year. I've only ever read Pride and Prejudice and Emma. I think it's high time I've read the rest, especially as I've seen all the movies.

6) Read more John Scalzi. I loved Lock In. Time to read Redshirts finally. Also plan on reading more Chimanda Ngozi Adichie because Half a Yellow Sun was awesome.

7) Get more books I've been meaning to read forever out of the way: this includes: Diary of a True Part-Time Indian, Sabriel series by Garth Nix, some other Laurie Halse Anderson books, and so on.

8) Be more consistent about reviewing. My blog was really random this year, wasn't it? Sorry about that. At least I was kind of better then last year?

9) Do Thematic Sundays feature: I've decided to take the two features I had going for awhile and just combine them into one feature on Sundays, where I will take a theme and just rec any kind of book (adult, YA, MG whichever) that falls under that theme.

10) Get back into graphic novel reading and non-fiction reading: I sometimes like to take a genre I've been neglecting and get back into it. This year, I'm getting back into graphic novels because Ms. Marvel reminded me why I loved comics back in the day and I think I'll be doing some non-fiction reading because there have been some awesome looking ones coming out this past year (Yes Please by Amy Poehler, and Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay for example).

No comments:

Post a Comment