Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Review: Maplecroft

TITLE: Maplecroft
Book 1 in the Borden Dispatches
AUTHOR: Cherie Priest
PUBLISHED: September 2nd, 2014
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Historical Fantasy
PREMISE: The story of Lizzie Borden is not what we think it was: her parents were murdered because they were possessed by an evil.
MY REVIEW: I admit, I mostly picked this up because the idea sounded clever. It was. It was a twist on a familiar tale and I always like it when authors take events in history and go "well what-if".
That said...I could have done without all the POVs. Probably could have left it in the sister's POV and be done with it. We didn't need all these doctor men chiming in. Especially because that really slowed down the pace. I found myself skimming their chapters to be honest, because I didn't feel they added anything I really needed to know.
So, other then too many POVs and slow pace, this was an interesting take on Lizzie Borden.
WHO SHOULD READ: horror fans, Cherie Priest fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five axes

No comments:

Post a Comment