Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Looking Ahead: July

Here are some books coming out in July that I'm eager to read/get my hands on eventually:

1) California by Edan Lepucki
Released: July 8th
CATEGORY: Adult fiction
GENRE: Dystopian/survival
Why I'm looking forward to it: It's dystopian and I'm a self admitted dystopian junkie. Also I'm kind of laughing because YA always gets bashed for having too many dystopians and yet here we are, adult book that is a dystopian that is being hyped. We have officially come full circle.



2) Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Released: July 8th
CATEGORY: Adult fiction
GENRE: Contemporary/Realistic fiction
Why I'm Looking forward to it: I haven't read Rowell's adult book, Attachments yet. But if her adult books are as enjoyable and well done as her YA books then I'm sure to like this one even though contemporary fiction isn't usually my thing. Especially adult contemporary fiction which has the bad habit of being very predictable.


3) The Kiss of Deception Book 1 by Mary E. Pearson
Released: July 8th
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy, Romance
Why I'm Looking Forward to it: Loved Pearson's Jenna Fox series. I can't wait to see her tackle fantasy. Plus, pretty cover is pretty.





4) Midnight Thief series Book 1 by Livia Blackburne
Released: July 8th
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy?
Why I'm Looking Forward to it: Female thief bucking the system? Sign me up! I will read anything that has a female thief.





5) Elemental Assassin series Book 11: Poison Promise by Jennifer Estep
Released: July 22nd
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
Why I'm Looking Forward to it: God knows when I'll get to this one. I'm woefully behind on the Elemental Assassin series because I just discovered it last year. But I'll get to it. Eventually.




6) Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy Book 3: Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard
Released: July 22nd
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy/steampunk, Zombies
Why I'm Looking Forward to It: There have been a few of these zombie historical books in YA but this trilogy is my favorite of them. The world is fabulous, the main character is great and plot is always moving. I can't wait to see how it all ends.


7) Kate Daniels series Book 7: Magic Breaks by Ilona Andrews
Released: July 29th
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Werewolves
Why I'm Looking Forward to it: LOVE the Kate Daniels series though I confess, I haven't gotten to book 6 yet. That's totally my bad. My only defense is that i have a lot of books to read and only so much time to read them in.




8) Bloodlines series Book 5: Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
Released: July 29th
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Vampires
Why I'm Looking Forward to it: Because that cliffhanger on the last book was evil. Evil I say!




No comments:

Post a Comment