Friday, July 11, 2014

Book Review: The Falconer

TITLE: The Falconer
The Falconer series Book 1
AUTHOR: Elizabeth May
PUBLISHED: May 6th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy, Faeries
PREMISE: In the eighteen hundreds in Scotland, a young heiress kills fae as revenge...
MY REVIEW: Anyone who has figured out my taste from this blog probably already suspected I would love this. You were right: I did. While I admit the world building is a wee bit shaky, the storytelling, characters, and idea are all so much fun that it doesn't really matter in the long run.
This is frankly just an entertaining romp and I certainly don't mind the ride. Heck, I didn't even mind the love triangle bit, it was that much fun of a read. I can forgive shaky bits here and there if your book is entertaining and this book was definitely that.
So best book ever? No. But definitely a fun ride if you're into historical fantasy/steampunk bits which as we all know, I am. Also, the faerie sidekick in this was the BEST. Seriously, he stole the whole book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Steampunk fans, MI fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five wise-cracking faeries who are totally laughing at you

No comments:

Post a Comment