Monday, July 7, 2014

Book Review: Clockwork Princess

TITLE: Clockwork Princess
Book 3 in the Infernal Devices Trilogy
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHED: 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy
PREMISE: Will, Jem, and Tessa face off against Mortmain for the finale...
MY REVIEW: This review will be short because honestly...I don't have much to say about this book. My feelings on the MI series will probably always be conflicted. On one hand: I get a kick or two out of them. On the other hand: series has gone on way too long and has gotten stale as a result.
This ending is a perfect example. Because frankly...nothing happened here that I wasn't expecting. About the only surprising thing was Jem becoming what he did and that...honestly felt like a cop out. I kind of would have preferred if he had died because that kind of cheapened all the Jem feels. Plus again, Tessa doesn't have to choose! She gets time spent with both! But not at the same time, mind you.  Sigh. Please keep in mind, I say this as someone who was rooting for OT3 Will/Tessa/Jem because frankly Will and Jem loved each other just as much (if not more) as they loved Tessa. She admitted to loving both! Yet, we can't get OT3? Really? As far as I'm concerned, it happened anyway. To heck with canon.
So this spin-off is done. But apparently we're getting two more. Like I said: it's gotten old. I really wish Clare would write something else (on her own. I don't know how much of that book she wrote with Black was actually her idea. I'll probably be able to tell when I read it though. Black and Clare have pretty different styles). But it seems to not be. But I just seriously can't quit this series despite how stale it's gotten so you'll probably see a review of those up when they come out. I'll probably also do a review of Heavenly Fire soon as well because this series has honestly just become habit reading for me. Hmm...it seems I lied about the review being short. Guess I had more to say then I thought.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of MI (still into the books)
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five whatevers

No comments:

Post a Comment