Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: Do Unto Others

TITLE: Do Unto Others
Book 1 in the Jordan Poteet series
AUTHOR: Jeff Abbott
PUBLISHED: 1994
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Cozy Mystery
PREMSIE: A woman is murdered and Jordan Poteet investigates because he's the top suspect.
MY REVIEW: This is one of those that I picked up for my reading through the library project. If you see a random book on here, it's likely due to that project.
I'll be frank: this was basically a cozy mystery but written by a male and with a male main character. I find that blurb saying this is so unique really strange because frankly, I've seen this plot before, just with a female character and by a female writer. But I guess it doesn't count unless it's with a male or something. Have I mentioned how much the sexism/double standards in publishing bothers me lately? Because it still does.
 So this one was just okay. I probably won't be continuing the series because I was extremely bored while reading this one.
WHO SHOULD READ: mystery fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment