Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Review: Three Souls

TITLE: Three Souls
AUTHOR: Janie Chang
PUBLISHED: February 25th, 2014 (was released 2013 in Canada)
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Historical Fiction, Drama
PREMISE: A woman looks back on her life as she tries to move on to the next one...
MY REVIEW: I'm not sure where I first heard about this one. Entertainment Weekly, possibly? I've been reading their reviews more to try and keep up on adult books to look at (key word try, there are so many and I want to read them all damn it! But..I also have to work for a living. If any of you have a job for me that lets me read all the books and get paid for it, feel free to offer it to me).
This was basically a "this was your life, now speak to person in dreams to make amends" sort of tale. It was nice. The historical bits were the most interesting to me to be honest. The characters themselves...were kind of bland. I was also left rather confused about why what happened was exactly the main character's fault and why SHE had to make amends but whatever.
It was nicely written, had a plot, and was a good historical read. I wouldn't call it a must read though. I'd say this is for historical fiction readers mostly.
WHO SHOULD READ: Historical fiction fans, Joy Luck Club fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five ghosts watching you

No comments:

Post a Comment