Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: Born of Deception

TITLE: Born of Deception
Book 2 in the Born of Illusion series
AUTHOR: Teri Brown
PUBLISHED: June 10th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy
PREMISE: Anna and Cole arrive in London and soon get swept up in a kidnapping mystery once again...
MY REVIEW: Born of Illusion was one of my underrated favorites last year. So I was really looking forward to this one. Sadly...I didn't love it as much as I thought I would.
Most of it has to do with that it suffers from really bad second book syndrome. This one is mostly just a stall on the way over to the next book and it stalls way too much. Then it goes into pointless love triangle drama and there's some funky messages in it that I didn't care for. Like the one where the mother says females can't be friends and the author doesn't help matters by having the one female friend betray Anna. No, I'm OVER the whole females can't be friends nonsense. We do not need more of that.
So...it's not so much a bad book...it just suffered a lot from second book syndrome. I'm crossing my fingers and keeping my hopes up for book three though. Hopefully that will go a lot smoother.
WHO SHOULD READ: Born of Illusion fans, Diviners fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five could have been betters.

No comments:

Post a Comment