Thursday, July 31, 2014

Book Review: Dark Days

TITLE: Dark Days
AUTHOR: Kate Ormand
PUBLISHED: June 3rd, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian
PREMISE: Sia lives in a sector. One of the unlucky sectors that is going to get killed off in 14 days...
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest with you guys: I'm starting to feel that dystopian burn-out feeling. You all know what I'm talking about. That moment when you start to lose your excitement for a genre because almost everything is the same. I felt it with Urban Fantasy, despite loving UF. I'm starting to feel it with dystopians and we all know I'm a dystopian junkie. If you say dystopian, I'm pretty much there. The only thing that would make me pick it up faster is if you threw in witches and steampunk.
Sadly this book didn't get back the happy feeling. There's nothing actually wrong with it. The author writes well, has a plot going, and a character who doesn't drive you nuts. The only honestly irritating thing was the insta-love. It's just...it reads like every other dystopian I've read.
So...it's not bad...it's just not very memorable either. So I don't have much to say other then shrugging and moving on to the next book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Dystopian fans (who aren't bored with dystopians yet)
MY RATING: Three out of Five I've Read This Before Feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment