Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Review: Champion

TITLE: Champion
Book 3 in the Legend Trilogy
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHED: December 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian
PREMISE: Day and June fight for the future of their country.
MY REVIEW: THIS is how you end a trilogy. I loathe doing that comparison thing people like to do with stuff because I think it's unfair to compare books that are usually trying to accomplish different things. However, I just read Allegiant and I can't help but compare that unsatisfying ending with this very satisfying ending and well...I think the fact that I'm highly satisfied with this ending, while I'm still trying to figure out what that ending to Divergent even was,l says enough.
Everything was brought to a head here and it is done wonderfully. We get to see consequences of actions, we get to see how far these characters have come, and hey look, a love triangle that's NOT ANNOYING. Granted, it was kind of unnecessary as most love triangles are, but at least I saw why it developed and the series didn't waste all my time with it because the characters all had way more important things to worry about like the future of the Republic.
Overall a satisfying, if a bit bittersweet, of an ending that is actually very fitting for this series. Legend may not be the loudest dystopian ever or even the most original dystopian, but it definitely is memorable and well done. I look forward to whatever Marie Lu has in store for us next.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Legend and Prodigy, dystopian fans, Hunger Games fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment