Saturday, May 31, 2014

Book Review: Pretty Sly

TITLE: Pretty Sly
Book 2 in the Pretty Crooked series
AUTHOR: Elisa Ludwig
PUBLISHED: March 18th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction, Mystery
PREMISE: Willa's mother disappears, causing her to have to go against her parole in order to search for her.
MY REVIEW: Pretty Crooked was a pleasant surprise that I read on a whim when it came out. So I was really looking forward to the sequel. I'm happy to report: it didn't disappoint.
Okay, I will admit, the love triangle was annoying (and not needed) but that's a small irritation in an otherwise enjoyable sequel. This one expands on stuff that was hinted at in the first one and does it wonderfully. It also leaves off at a place that makes you want the next book immediately. Cruel author. Cruel.
I say this was a job well done. If you were like me and found Pretty Crooked to be...well, pretty enjoyable. You'll likely enjoy this one just as much.
WHO SHOULD READ: Pretty Crooked fans, mystery fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five runaway thieves

No comments:

Post a Comment