Saturday, May 10, 2014

Book Review: Eleanor and Park

TITLE: Eleanor and Park
AUTHOR: Rainbow Rowell
PUBLISHED: 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction, Romance
PREMISE: Eleanor starts a new school and meets Park on the bus, starting an unusual relationship along the way...
MY REVIEW: So last year was pretty much the year of Rowell in YA. This book was recommended by John Green and suddenly everyone was talking about her. Then Fangirl was released and she was very quickly everyone's favorite. Reading this, I definitely understand why she became so popular (and I think she would have become popular without John Green's help by the way, I hate the people who are going around saying that).
As I've mentioned several times...I'm not into realistic fiction all that much. So I think the fact that I managed to get into this, says a lot about the book. Honestly? I kind of like Rowell's stuff more than John Green. Sorry, but I do. I'm not trying to start any battle by saying one is better then the other. I just honestly get into her stuff more then I got into Greens. I'm reading Fangirl right now and the feels I'm getting are pretty ridiculous. Hell, the feels I got from this one was pretty ridiculous, but that was because of all the eighties stuff and the nerdy conversations about comics. I kid you not, I also once had a conversation with a guy in high school about the sexism in comics, though in my case it was me trying to point out the sexism in Spider-Man, not X-Men.
So, if you're a realistic fiction fan, I highly recommend this book. Even if you're not, I recommend it because of how much I think people can relate to it in some way.
WHO SHOULD READ: John Green fans, Romance fans, Stephanie Perkins fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five cassette players

No comments:

Post a Comment