Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Book Review: Fangirl

TITLE: Fangirl
AUTHOR: Rainbow Rowell
PUBLISHED: 2013
CATEGORY: YA (or New Adult in some circles but I'm not getting into that)
GENRE: Realistic Fiction, Romance
PREMISE: Cath goes off to college and experiences all those firsts in college.
MY REVIEW: My descent into becoming a Rainbow Rowell fangirl continues with this book, which I pretty much picked up immediately after reading Eleanor and Park. Because after all, if I liked Eleanor and Park which was a romance that is not usually at all my thing, I was sure to like this which is about well...being a fangirl. Lets face it: I have experience with that ;looks at blog title; ;sips soda;
Luckily, this did not disappoint. I think I related more to this one then Eleanor and Park too. Sadly though, I did not have a roommate in college as awesome as Cath's. But the whole writing fanfiction thing? Yeah. I get that. In fact, I'm writing fanfic now, so I might have projected feelings on this book a little too much. But I suspect that was Rowell's devious plan all along, so job well done.
So basically, the hype around this one is well deserved. I can't wait for whatever Rowell has in store for us next.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Eleanor and Park, fans of John Green, contemporary fiction fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five characters I possibly relate to, way too much

No comments:

Post a Comment