Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Review: Evertrue

TITLE: Evertrue
Book 3 in the Everneath Trilogy
AUTHOR: Brodi Ashton
PUBLISHED: January 21rst, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Romance
PREMISE: Nikki, Jack, and Cole seek to bring down the Everneath.
MY REVIEW: This trilogy was one of those that was up and down for me, quality wise. It's entertaining enough to keep reading, but isn't what I would call a must read series. I liked the first book well enough (but apparently not as much as everyone else did, which seems to happen to me a lot. ;sighs;). I felt the second book upped the series quite a bit because there was more plot and more focus on Nikki as a character.
This book, unfortunately takes us back to all the problems of the first book. Most of it is tied to the annoying love triangle. I'm sorry, I'm just sick to death of love triangles. Before anyone goes on about how YA over does it, I would like to point out that adult fiction has plenty of it as well. This is one of the worst with much male posturing and trying to make you think for a brief moment that Cole has a chance but then oh silly no, it's always going to be Jack. Seriously, what was the point of all that stuff, if you were just going to go for the obvious love interest? If you do a love triangle at least make it so I believe that both men actually have a chance. Otherwise, you're just wasting my time. Time which should have been spent on the actual plot.
As a ending this was...okay. It tied up loose ends and did the all the things a ending should. It was just...predictable. No one died, there weren't major sacrifices, the character ended up precisely who I figured she'd always end up with. Honestly, it was a bit of a boring ending. Fans of the trilogy should enjoy it though.
WHO SHOULD READ: Everneath fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five love triangles that have a obvious ending
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Three and a half out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment