Saturday, February 22, 2014

Book Review: Going Rogue

TITLE: Going Rogue
Book 2 in the AKA series
AUTHOR: Robin Benway
PUBLISHED: January 14th, 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery, Adventure
PREMISE: Maggie has gotten used to a semi-civilian life with an actual boyfriend and a bestie who both now know her secrets. But her situation is threatened when her parents are questioned by the higher ups...
MY REVIEW: While AKA is probably not going to replace the whole in my heart that Gallagher Girls left (not its fault, I loved GG something fierce, it's going to be awhile before I find a YA spy series I love just as much), it does at least help me mourn. There are a few plausibility issues here and there, but what this series makes up for in plausibility is it's just plain fun characters.
Not going to lie, I read this series one hundred percent for Roux. Maggie's parents and shady uncle are fun too (that whole conversation Maggie had with them about how they met was the BEST). But I am here mostly for Roux. Also, lets give it up for actual female friendship! Yes, YA, it does exist.
Some of the flaws from the first persist a bit. But this series was always meant to be a light-hearted fun spy romp and a light-hearted fun spy romp it most certainly is. All I ask for in the next book is more Roux please.
WHO SHOULD READ: Gallagher Girls series fans, fans of Also Known As, spy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five safes

No comments:

Post a Comment