Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten OCD Bookish Habits

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish

This week was a freebie so the past topic I picked was top ten OCD bookish habits.

1) I HAVE to read a series in order. Even if it's a cozy mystery series where you can read the series out of order and not lose much. Nope, I have to read the books in order.

2) I HATE it when book covers do not match. Seriously, I wish there was some law that kept publishers from changing the cover mid-series because it drives me bananas when covers don't match. I'm forever bitter that my Princess Diaries books don't match up because I bought those way back when they first started and those suckers changed covers like three times in mid-publication and thus none of them match. SO annoying.

3) I will only get rid of a book if I need space on my shelf. I still have my Twilight book even though I hated that one. Plus when I was doing that Twilight read along, I sort of mass edited, wrote snarky comments in the margins, so my copy is not any good for resale anyway.

4) I have to have my books all be the same type as well as match. If I buy a paperback then I have to buy paperback for the rest of the series, even if I wound up loving it and eagerly awaited the sequel. That's why I STILL haven't gotten to A Dance of Dragons because I was waiting for the paperback release.

5) I have to read my books in the order I got them in. I don't know why, it's just a thing with me.

6) Same with reviewing. I have to review books in the order I read them in.

7) I have a book list making problem. The whole reason I started my group on Goodreads was to just keep track of books and make lists.

8) I tend to read my TBR list by the order in which they were published in. It just makes it easier on me really.

9) I tend to organize my shelf by author, and then by when their books were released, and then in series order. I just can't do that color matching stuff I've seen some people do. It looks pretty sure, but I just can't.

10) I hate stopping a book mid-chapter. Sometimes I have to do it, particularly with the books I read on the go, but I try not too. I at least wait till there's a paragraph break or something. But mid-page? Nope, can't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment