This is a weekly Meme Hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This Week: Top Ten Books I'd Like to see Made Into a Movie/TV Show.
1) Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter-Yes, I know this has recently been optioned. but that doesn't mean anything, I'm sorry to say. I'm also weary of them doing a film. I think this is one of those that would work way better as a tv show. Especially considering the severe lack of legit female teen friendship on TV right now (you can find some adult female friendship like Rizzoli and Isles, but teen female friendship? Perish the thought). But probably if it was made for TV, it would be by the CW and I'm positive they would change everything so it's probably just as well.
2) The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray-Has been in development hell for YEARS. This is a travesty. I'm positive it's because it's female driven because this is Hollywood and they run scared every time something that is female heavy comes along (also pretty damn positive this is why we will never get a good Wonder Woman movie or a Wicked movie).
3) The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi-Why on earth this has not been made into a movie I will never know. ;looks at plot that has a girl becoming a sailor to make up for a mistake, zero romance, talk of mutiny that is somewhat justified, talk of sexism, talk of racism, talk of how power corrupts instead of love triangle...; Oh, never mind. I know why.
4) Graceling by Kristin Cashore-Again, I am aware that this has recently been optioned. Again, doesn't always mean anything. I will say this though: Hollywood if you whitewash this, I will be PISSED.
5) The Mediator series by Meg Cabot-Apparently talks of a tv show/movie are on the ground again though. ;crosses fingers and prays it doesn't get screwed up like pretty much all the other Cabot turned into movies projects have gone;
6) Tortall series/Circle of Magic series by Tamora Pierce-If I had my way, these would be done as a tv show. Like Game of Thrones: each book would be a season.
7) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein-Would never be done of course. It's too female heavy, little romance, and there's torture and a sad ending. If it were done, it would gloss over like...everything. If it were done though, and done right? We would have a Oscar contender on our hands I bet.
8) Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake-Would be a awesome spooky movie for October.
9) Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor-Would be visually beautiful movies if nothing else.
10) The Secrets if the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott-These would make for either a awesome action TV show or a movie franchise. I think it would work best as a TV show though because then you'd be able to get all the subplots in there.