Monday, September 23, 2013

Book Review: Frost Burned

TITLE: Frost Burned
Book 7 in the Mercy Thompson series
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
PUBLISHED: March 2013
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Werewolves
PREMISE: Mercy and the gang deal with an attack on their pack.
MY REVIEW: You know how sometimes you get the feeling that a series is stalling and the author is just making deadlines but really should have ended the series long ago? That's what I've been feeling with the Mercy Thompson series. I hate feeling that way, I love Mercy. But sometimes things need to come to an end.
That feeling hasn't gone away with this book, sadly. It was fine, don't get me wrong. Mercy was badass as always. I just wasn't very invested in the plot because it didn't really move any larger plot forward. I actually did consider giving this series up last book, but I saw this one in the library and couldn't resist. But with this one...I think I'm done, you all. I literally yawned my way through it.
So if you're a Mercy fan who hasn't been burned out from the series, carry on. But if you're like me and was hoping for a reboot for the series to make it worthwhile to keep reading...it doesn't really do the trick.
WHO SHOULD READ: Mercy Thompson fans (still interested in the series)
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five yawns

No comments:

Post a Comment