Monday, September 23, 2013

Book Review: Waking the Witch

TITLE: Waking the Witch
Book 11 in Women of the Otherworld
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Witches, Mystery
PREMISE: Savannah, now all grown up, takes on her first major case which involves someone who may be after witches...
MY REVIEW: Okay, I confess: I skipped books 9 and 10 in this series. I'm sorry, I just wasn't really interested in them. Book 9 looked like another one-shot that didn't add anything new to the story and book 10 was another Elena book and I'm sorry but Elena bores me and I felt her story was pretty finished. So, I skipped them because I wanted to get to Savannah who was my favorite all along anyway.
I'm glad I did because I liked this one a lot better then the previous ones I read. It was nice having a book that made me feel like it was actually moving the plot forward which I haven't felt with the last few books. As I suspected, I loved Savannah. I actually think, she topped Paige as my favorite (but I still love Paige).
So this was a welcome breath of fresh air into the series. Now I can't wait to read the next one.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Women of the Otherworld, Urban Fantasy fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five badass witches

No comments:

Post a Comment