Saturday, April 20, 2013

Book Review: Unremembered

TITLE: Unremembered
Book 1 in a new series
AUTHOR: Jessica Brody
PUBLISHED: March 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science fictionish, Romance, Drama, Mystery
PREMISE: A girl is found after a violent plane crash with no memory. As she starts to relearn things, she starts to wonder who exactly she was...
MY REVIEW: Ah the amnesia trope. Amnesia stories are tricky beasts and can be either rather good or just cliche. Now, I've never read any of Brody's previous work so I have no clue if this book is her best or just average for her. Personally, I think it wavered between average to intriguing.
Things I liked in it included the mystery part. Brody did a good job in building suspense without making things too obvious. The twist at the end while good...kind of made me raise my eyebrow but I'm hoping that more comes from it in the second one. I did appreciate that for once, a author researched amnesia and thought about what amnesia does to a person and didn't make Violet getting her memories back easy, nor did her getting them back solve everything. Also Cody in this book was perfect. I hope we see him in book two, he was the best.
So a bit of a shaky start but this series intrigues me. I'm hoping more is explained/revealed/explored in the second book.
WHO SHOULD READ: Mystery fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five amnesiac girls

No comments:

Post a Comment