Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Review: The Madness Underneath

TITLE: The Madness Underneath
Book 2 in the Shades of London series
AUTHOR: Maureen Johnson
PUBLISHED: February 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, Mystery
PREMISE: Rory returns to London the minute she can and soon finds herself drawn into another mystery.
MY REVIEW: So I loved In the Name of the Star. It wasn't at all what I was expecting and it was a bit of a departure for Johnson who normally does contemporary works. But it was huge fun so I was looking forward to this sequel a lot.
Thankfully Johnson delivered a just as good sequel here. Characters are enjoyable still but don't just stay the same. Rory deals with consequences from the first book and even manages to grow as a character. I can tell you from most experience, character growth doesn't show till the last book. So this was nice to see.
Basically, if you loved the first book, you will love this one just as much. I can't wait for the third, especially after evil cliffhanger that is evil.
WHO SHOULD READ: Maureen Johnson fans, fans of In the Name of the Star, Paranormal fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five creeptastic ghosts

Is blogger being finicky for everyone else, or is that just me? Might be just me....


No comments:

Post a Comment