Thursday, April 25, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Prince

TITLE: Clockwork Prince
Book 2 in the Infernal Devices series
AUTHOR: Cassandra Clare
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fantasy, spin-off
PREMISE: Tessa continues her life at the institute while growing closer to Jem despite her lingering feelings for Will.
MY REVIEW: My feelings for this universe are honestly sort of complicated right now. I think you could say I'm growing dis-enchanted with it? Luckily, I at least still enjoy Infernal Devices.
I don't think this installment brings anything really huge to the table. Most of it really is pretty much reveling in showing us what the Shadowhunter world was like in the Victorian Era. I do like this and that is why I am still reading the series and will pick up Clockwork Princess whenever I can. This one was pretty much more of the series. No huge revelations that shocked really, most of it was focused on the love triangle drama. At least Tessa/Will/Jem have a far more interesting dynamic then Jace/Clary/Simon.
Honestly nowadays these books pretty much sell themselves. I don't think anything I say will discourage or encourage people from buying/not buying this because likely you've probably already have made up your mind if you want to continue. Despite getting annoyed with how much Clare is dragging this series out (well, Mortal Instruments anyway, no word yet on if there will be more historical books but give it time. I bet there'll be some), I will probably keep reading them. I do this thing where I don't give up on series until they get just downright horrible or just utterly unreadable or I just plain lose interest. I may not be as excited for these books as I originally was, but I still at least get some enjoyment out of it so I guess that's the important thing here. I also will be seeing the movie by the way. It looks like they actually did a decent job on it.
WHO SHOULD READ: MI fans not tired of the series
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five Magnus Banes being sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment