Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book Review: Shades of Earth

TITLE: Shades of Earth
Book 3 in the Across the Universe Trilogy
AUTHOR: Beth Revis
PUBLISHED: January 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction
PREMISE: Amy and Elder have brought the ship to the new planet but landing there is only part of the problem. It's after the landing that they have to worry about...
MY REVIEW: Across the Universe started out just okay for me but by the second book became kind of awesome. Which as far as I'm concerned is the best way to do a trilogy. End on a high note, you know? Revis definitely did that.
The third book went in a way I totally wasn't expecting and I love that. True, I don't think every thing was solved and I feel the ending was kind of purposely left open-ended so the author could do more books if she wanted. I have no problem with that. This is one of the few times where if a spin-off series is done, it might actually be necessary because I really want to know what happens on this new planet.
Revis explored so many ideas in this final book and I loved where she took it. If there never is another book, that's fine. But again, I would totally be on board if there's a continuation somehow. Either way, I look forward to whatever Revis has in store for us next.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that read books 1 and 2, science fiction fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five crash landing spaceships

No comments:

Post a Comment