Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Review: Scorch

TITLE: Scorch
Book 2 in the Cloaked series
AUTHOR: Gina Damico
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Paranormal, adventure
PREMISE: Lex's life as a reaper becomes difficult as Zara escaping and causing mayhem has far reaching consequences...
MY REVIEW: If anyone were to ask me to describe the Cloaked series I think I would say part Percy Jackson series and part Dead Like Me and part its own thing. What this series definitely is, is fun. Cloaked was a total surprise for me last year. I got it on Net Galley, not really expecting much because no one had really talked about it (and that usually means dud or just not marketed well) and it turned out to be really fun and surprising.
Sure, there are really familiar tropes in it. But the author is smart in the way that she makes the characters likable enough that you want to spend time with them (I adore Lex) and she keeps things happening with twists and turns that will keep you coming back for more.
This one really surprised me with the direction the author took it. I honestly wasn't expecting it to go this way and frankly, I like it. Bring on book three which comes out in September so you guys have plenty of time to check out the first two if you happened to miss them.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Cloaked, Dead Like Me fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five sassy reapers

No comments:

Post a Comment