Saturday, April 6, 2013

Book Review: Breaking Point

TITLE: Breaking Point
Book 2 in the Article 5 series
AUTHOR: Kristen Simmons
PUBLISHED: February 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian, Drama
PREMISE: Ember and Chase join the resistance. Basically.
MY REVIEW: It is truth, universally acknowledged, that writing second books in a series is hard. That goes double if your series happens to be a trilogy because more often then not the second one is usually just setting up events for the climax to take place in the third and most people get bored with that. So I try not to be too harsh on lackluster second books because I realize this fact.
And sadly, this was a bit lackluster. It had action for sure. But honestly I just kind of yawned my way through it. There wasn't much here that was unexpected except for maybe a death or two. I won't reveal who for the sake of those that haven't read it yet, but they were actually the most surprising thing in here.
As a book, it was okay. It continued the plot and everything. I just wasn't as into it as I was the first Article 5 book. That may have been my own doing though because at the time I was distracted by shiny new books and Doctor Who/Game of Thrones returning last weekend.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Article 5, Divergent fans, Legend fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five second book syndromes

No comments:

Post a Comment