Saturday, September 1, 2012

Book Review: Timepiece

TITLE: Timepiece
Book 2 in the Hourglass series
AUTHOR: Myra McEntire
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Time Travel, Adventure
PREMISE: Kaleb and his friends continue their adventures as they search for Jack, the man who killed Kaleb's father.
MY REVIEW: All my issues still stand with this series (sloppy science makes no sense, kind of flat characters, YA stock cliches abound). But I've kind of learned to let it go. Once you let the rather clicheness of this go it's an enjoyable series. I definitely commend the author for deciding to ditch boring Emerson and go with the far more interesting Kaleb this time around.
Honestly, Kaleb is my favorite and this book reminded me of why. Though I have to say the way his friends treat him sometimes really irritated me and also reminded me of why I didn't care for Emerson or Michael in the last book that much. Kaleb and Lily are so much more fun for me and less "it's all about us!" like I feel Michael/Emerson can be. Plus, I actually get chemistry from these two.
Plot was pretty much more of the first with a few interesting revelations here and there. As a second book, this was not bad. I just still am not overwhelmed with this series. I like it just fine and will be reading book 3 though.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first book, time travel fans (who aren't interested in details)
MY RATING: Four out of Five time travelers


No comments:

Post a Comment