Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ditched Books for September

Only ditched two this month! I did good!

TITLE: The Last Princess
AUTHOR: Galaxy Craze (yes, really)
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian
PREMISE: In a dystopian world the world's last princess escapes as her kingdom is taken over by a ruthless invader.
WHY I DITCHED IT: I honestly just wasn't feeling it. The world building was extremely confusing and not well explained and the main character was flat.


TITLE: The Peculiars
AUTHOR: Maureen Doyle McQueery
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Steampunk, Urban fantasy
PREMISE: Lena goes off into the forbidden world of the faerie.
WHY I DITCHED IT: The writing style was annoying. The main character was whiny and weepy and annoying. I also felt extreme deja vu while reading it because I've read several books like it but those took the same idea and actually made it interesting (such as Iron Codex or heck even Dust Girl). This was just boring with characters that I didn't care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment