Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Book Review: Magic Bleeds


TITLE: Magic Bleeds
Book 4 in the Kate Daniels
AUTHOR: Ilona Andrews
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: urban fantasy, mystery
PREMISE: Kate wrestles with Curran over their relationship as secrets from her past emerge to threaten her world...
MY REVIEW: Definitely the best Kate Daniels book yet. As always what sells me most is the relationship between Kate and Curran. Finally, a relationship that I buy and support wholeheartedly. These two are actual EQUALS and you actually see that they work well together as well as have chemistry.
I will say I was surprised in the direction this took but I'm happy about it. I look forward to Kate dealing with now being sort of in charge of the pack and now apparently starting her own order. The only thing I'm slightly disappointed about is Andrea and how that turned out. I'm hoping she does a turn around in the next book and that things work out for her because Andrea was one of my favorites in the series. I sort of hope she ends up joining Kate in her new order.
If you read this series already you know what to expect: snarkiness, lots of action, interesting world building, and a great female lead. Though it feels like the series is ending, there is going to be a book next year apparently and I personally can't wait for it. I'm also now going to check out Andrews' new series The Edge which started last year for those that don't know it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those who have read the first three books, Urban fantasy fans, Patricia Briggs fans, Kelley Armstrong fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five black poodles

FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
12 by 12 in October
One Hundred Plus Books
Finish that Series (finished!)
Support Your Local Library

No comments:

Post a Comment