Monday, October 27, 2014

Book Review: The Girl With All the Gifts

TITLE: The Girl With All the Gifts
AUTHOR: M. R. Carey
PUBLISHED: June 19th, 2014
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Dystopians, Zombies
PREMISE: A young zombie is held with other zombie children and experimented on.
MY REVIEW: This was definitely an interesting one. It is what you could call a thought provoking zombie book. It actually reminds me a lot of The Walking Dead so if you're a Walking Dead fan I highly recommend it.
The thing I loved most about it was the writing. This guy can WRITE. He knows how to build suspense, and create atmosphere without info-dumping you all over the place. Such good prose too. Now plot wise...it does slow down a bit in the middle, I'm also still not sure how I feel about the ending. But it was fitting for the story so I'm not complaining about it too loudly.
If you're looking for a zombie thriller to read this Halloween, I highly recommend this one.
WHO SHOULD READ: The Walking Dead fans, The Forest of Hands and Teeth Fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five zombies taking over

No comments:

Post a Comment