Monday, January 8, 2018

Notable Releases: 12/31-1/6

Happy belated New Year! Here is the first Notable Release list of the year! There is a LOT of good stuff coming out in 2018 you guys. I know, like every year, there's no way I'm going to get through them all. But I can at least try, you know? In any case, here are the releases from this past week that are on my radar that you can expect to have a review of on this blog sometime in the (probably very far, at the rate I'm going) future:

YA/MG

Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet by various authors

Contemporary romance short story anthology where the theme is basically just meet cutes. This is going to be so freaking adorable, I think it'll be a nice one to read come February.

Folk of the Air Book 1: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

I am here for basically anything Holly Black writes. I've been a fan for years and this latest book has me really excited because she's doing the fae again and she does the fae so well.I can't wait to read this one.





Faloiv Book 1: A Conspiracy of Stars by Olivia A. Cole

New sci-fi series that looks possibly interesting. Apparently this author has published before. But I guess her books really flew under the radar, this is the first I've heard of her.

Shadow Weaver Book 1 by MarcyKate Connolly

I've read a book by Connolly before and wasn't terribly impressed, but I believe in giving authors second chances (plus to be fair I read that when I was going through the stuff with my father and I wasn't really feeling many books during that time period). So I'm giving this new middle-grade fantasy a shot. It promises magic with shadows and I love stuff like that.



Green by Sam Graham-Felsen

The latest YA book to try and talk about race. We'll see how this one goes. I've seen mixed reviews.

Everless Book 1 by Sara Holland

Fantasy debut that looks rather interesting. Some sort of world where time is a currency and whatnot. I've been hearing good things about it so hopefully this will be good and 2018 will make up for a rather weak year of new YA fantasy reads in 2017. At least where debuts are concerned. Seasoned authors such as Marie Lu and Laini Taylor were great as usual. But among the debuts...there were only about one or two that stood out to me. The rest were just meh to just bad.

Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu

I actually really enjoyed the Wonder Woman book from last year. I can't wait to see teenage Bruce in all his teenage angsty glory.







You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon

Contemporary thriller thing. You all know I'm weak when it comes to mysteries.






Adult Fiction

Halsey Street by Naima Coster

Interesting looking family drama book that looks at things like gentrification and how that can effect family and people's lives.







Non-Fiction

The Curious History of Dating: From Jane Austen to Tinder by Nichi Hodgson

Looks like this one might be in the same vein as Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and if it is, it'll be a delight.





No comments:

Post a Comment