Thursday, June 2, 2016

Looking Ahead: June 2016

Here are all the releases in June 2016 that are on my radar:

Released June 7th:

Fixer Book 2: The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

I love Barnes' YA version of Scandal. I'll go as far as to say, I like it more then I like Scandal at the moment ;stops self before she goes on another Fitz rant;






Everybody Behaves Badly: The True Story Behind Hemmingway's Masterpiece The Sun Also Rises by Lesley M. M. Blume

I read The Sun Also Rises back in school. I love micro-histories. This one should be interesting.





With Malice by Eileen Cook

Good old-fashioned YA thriller that looks like it's going to be perfect for the summer.







Ivory and Bone Book 1 by Julie Eshbaugh

Mostly interested in this because it's apparently a prehistoric fantasy. Not many of those out there.







The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone

This one is getting lots of buzz post BEA. It also sounds perfect for summer reading since it takes place on a cruise ship.







Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi

Adult fiction debut that's been getting lots of buzz.








My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows

A book about Lady Jane Grey? Yes please.







Being Jazz by Jazz Jennings

Considering all the transphobic things going on right now (yes I am looking at you, North Carolina), this book is coming out at a good time.







The Gilded Years by Karin Tanabe

Adult historical fiction book that sounds interesting.








June 14th:

Witch Hunter Book 2: The King Slayer by Virginia Boecker

Though in all honesty...I don't remember much about the first Witch Hunter book...it was fantasy, right? I know I read it...






Hunger: A Memoir of My Body by Roxane Gay

After reading Bad Feminist, I'm basically here for anything Roxane Gay writes.






Alternate Detective Book 1: Steeplejack by A. J. Hartley

Steampunk with detectives. Of course I'm going to be reading this.







The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

I'll be honest, the summary of this sounds exactly like Girl on a Train but with ships. This makes me wary because I honestly didn't like Girl on a Train (I wound up DNFing it, which is why there is no review here). But I've heard good things about Ruth Ware so I'm giving it a shot.




June 16th:

Peter Grant series Book 1: The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch

Yay, new Peter Grant book!







June 21rst:

Never Ever by Sara Saedi

Is it me or are there are a LOT of Peter Pan retellings this year? Doesn't matter though, I'm still going to read them, because I'm a sucker for Peter Pan retellings.






June 28th:

A Hundred Thousand Worlds by Bob Proehl

It's a road trip story featuring comic cons. I have to at least give this a look.

Conquerors Saga Book 1: And I Darken by Kiersten White

It's Kiersten White. We all know I'm Kiersten White trash here. I'll basically read anything she writes.




No comments:

Post a Comment