Sunday, January 26, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: Jan. 26th

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews

I haven't done one of these in awhile, have I? My bad. I've been working Sundays a lot and tend to forget to post on those days as a result. Going to try and be better about it from now on. Anyway, here's the haul:

From Net Galley:
Defy Book 1 by Sara Larson-Yes, I'm using Net Galley again. Lets see if I can stick with it this year. First up: New fantasy series that sounds a lot like Tortall. Will try to do the author a favor and not judge it by those standards because that would just be totally unfair to the author.

The V Trilogy Book 1: The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant by Joanna Wiebe-Looks like a mystery boarding school thing. I adore those even if I'm sure this will be cheese.

From Barnes and Noble (aka I got a gift card for Christmas)
Earthsea Cycle series Book 1: A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin-One of the series that was on my list of books to tackle this year was Earthsea. I know, I know, how can I call myself a fantasy fan and not have read this. Slipped my mind?

Library Haul:
The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson-Anderson's newest. Can't wait to read.

The Naturals Book 1 by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-Teens helping the FBI solve cases using powers=me totally in. Plus, I tend to love Barnes' stuff anyway.

Magical Bakery Mystery series Book 1: Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates-Cozy mystery with witches. I have a weakness for these.

The True Adventures of Nicolo Zen by Nicholas Christopher-Historical Fantasyish debut that looked interesting.

Splintered Book 2: Unhinged by A. G. Howard-Managed to get this one on reserve literally just as they got it in. Sometimes it pays to stalk the library catalog.

Altered series Book 2: Erased by Jennifer Rush-See above.

Palace of Spies Book 1: Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel-I love Zettel's other series The American Fairy Trilogy (totally unappreciated series). I look forward to her tackling historical mystery.

Birthright Trilogy Book 3: In the Age of Love and Chocolate by Gabrielle Zevin-Still not sure how on earth you can ban chocolate (and why on earth you would want too), but this series still makes for a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment