Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and Bookish.

This week: 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For

1) Defy Book 1: Defy by Sara B. Larson-Fantasy, with girl disguising herself as a guard? Sign me up. It's an old trope, for sure, but it's a trope that I like. Just got the galley at Net Galley so expect a review soon.

2) Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge-Released Jan. 28th-Fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast? Sign me up. Of course none will probably ever come close to my beloved Beauty by Robin McKinley, but should be interesting anyway.

3) Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule-Released March 11th-Looks like a boarding school fantasy type book but with music. I can get behind that.

4) Dorothy Must Die Book 1 by Danielle Paige-Released April 1rst-Interesting looking new series about a girl who must travel to Oz to take down Dorothy who has let power go to her head. Sounds rather awesome.

5) Prisoner of Night and Fog Book 1 by Anne  Blankman-Released April 22nd-Historical Fiction new series about a girl who is the niece of Adolf Hitler and struggles with the revelations of what he does. Sounds like it could be really good. Plus, pretty cover.

6) The Falconer Book 1 by Elizabeth May-Released May 6th-New Steampunk series that sounds made of total win. But then, I'm a sucker for steampunk so that assessment should be taken with a grain of salt.

7) Witch Hunter series Book 1: Hexed by Michelle Krys-Released June 10th-UF witch series. This series had me at witches. I will read anything with witches.

8) Midnight Thief Book 1 by Livia Blackburne-Released July 8th-Fantasy with knights teaming up with girl thief to take down people. I'm in. Plus I've had really good luck with Disney Hyperion books (they do Ally Carters books as well as Hex Hall).

9) The Unseemly Education of Anne Merchant by Joanna Wiebe-Released Jan. 14th-Creepy school with mysteries. You know I'm there.

10) The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco-Released August 1rst-About a ghost who goes after child killers. I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment