Thursday, January 9, 2014

Book Review: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown

TITLE: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
AUTHOR: Holly Black
PUBLISHED: September 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, Vampires
PREMISE: In a world where vampires are very much a reality, Tana wakes up and realizes she's been bitten. She goes to a coldtown in the hopes of finding a cure.
MY REVIEW: I'll be the first to admit it: there are certain authors out there whose books I will always buy no matter what because it's always pretty much a given that I'll enjoy said book. Black is one such author, so be warned: this review has positive bias.
Honestly though, I probably would have love this no matter who wrote it. It has a well developed world. It has interesting characters. It has vampires who are actually dark and not your friend/would-be-lover. It's also wonderfully written. Also: vampire meta. You all know how much I love my meta books.
Yes, this was a bit slow, here and there. But overall, I loved this book to pieces. Black has said she's probably not going to do a sequel and I'm honestly okay with that. But if she does do one in the future, I'll be first in line to buy.
WHO SHOULD READ: Holly Black fans, Vampire fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five fangs

No comments:

Post a Comment