Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Review: These Broken Stars

TITLE: These Broken Stars
Starbound series Book 1
AUTHOR: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
PUBLISHED: December 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Science Fiction, Romance
PREMISE: A debutante and a soldier get lost on a desolate planet when their spaceship crashes there....
MY REVIEW: Missing the Across the Universe series? Well, this series could be your replacement for the hole in your heart. It's got all the things Across the Universe had and it manages to be its own thing as well.
I will say some of the world building was confusing for me and I wish the authors had elaborated more on some stuff. But it's probably just as well that they didn't. I will warn, this book can be slow to start at first. It becomes more worth it when you get to about three forths in because there's a twist even I didn't see coming. I always like it when YA authors actually manage to surprise me.
So if you're looking for a romantic sci-fi series to get hooked on, this one definitely fits the bill. It's not ground breaking or anything, but it's a very solid start to an intriguing looking new series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Across the Universe fans, Sci-Fi fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five planets

No comments:

Post a Comment