Sunday, June 16, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: June 16th

Sorry this is late, work and Father's Day stuff got in the way.
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week.

Bought at Barnes and Noble:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green-Yes, I'm officially on the John Green bandwagon, even if I still wish people (namely literature snobs) would stop acting like he's an anomaly in the YA section. Green is good, but he's not the only good writer in YA like I've seen a few people claim. Green himself would tell you this isn't the case (because he's awesome like that).

Hex Hall spin-off book 1: School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins (or Hex Hall book 4. Whichever)-I totally forgot this was coming out! Strange, I've seen next to no reviews for it...

Won in Giveaway:
The Book of Madness and Cures by Regina O'Melveny-Historical fiction debut I won in a goodreads giveaway.

Bi-Weekly library haul:

Goodnight Family series Book 2: Spirit and Dust by Rosemary Clement-Moore-I'm always up for a Clement-Moore book (she's seriously underrated) and I adored Texas Gothic so I can't wait to read this follow up which involves my favorite character from Texas Gothic: Daisy. Bring it.

Pretty Girl 13 by Liz Coley-YA debut I've been meaning to read.

The Engelsfors Trilogy Book 1: The Circle by Sara Elfgren and Mats Strandberg-YA debut/new trilogy that looked interesting.

Strangelets by Michelle Gagnon-YA debut that sounds...interesting.

Wasteland Trilogy Book 1: Wasteland by Susan Kim and Laurance Klaven-YA debut and new trilogy.

The Caged Graves by Dianne K. Salerni-YA debut (seems to be my week for them...) that's a historical mystery of sorts.

In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters-YA debut that's a historical paranormal mystery thing that sounds like it's made of win.

The Program Book 1: The Program by Suzanne Young-Never read anything by Young before (no interest before) but this one sounded interesting and I've heard good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment