Monday, June 17, 2013

Book Review: The Rising

TITLE: The Rising
Book 3 in the Darkness Rising Trilogy
AUTHOR: Kelley Armstrong
PUBLISHED: April 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, werewolves/shifters
PREMISE: Maya and her friends search for answers as they are hunted by the St. Clouds.
MY REVIEW: Once again, I'm stuck not really having much to say about a series that I've reviewed quite a lot. You guys know by now that I'm a Armstrong fan and that I'm basically all over this series.
Wasn't totally thrilled with the ending of the love triangle but since I was always Team Daniel, I'm not hugely upset by it. I'm just bothered by how Rafe basically took the choice out of Maya's hands. That bugs me. At least allow the person in the middle of the love triangle enough respect to let them make up their mind, damn it.
But the love triangle was never a make it or break it thing for me in this series so not a big deal. Other then that issue, I enjoyed the book as always with this series. Especially since we got to see Derek/Chloe.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that have read the first two books, Kelley Armstrong fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five skinwalkers

No comments:

Post a Comment