Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List

This is a weekly Meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish .

This week: Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List.

Well, I have a HUGE TBR list. I've managed to knock a few out this year, but they just keep adding awesome looking books. So for your sake (and mine), I'm going to just do books that are being published this summer (up until September 22nd which means Battle Magic and the second Lynburn Legacy book sadly can't make the list).

1) The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman-It's Neil Gaiman. Nuff said. Released today.

2) Abandon Trilogy Book 3: Awaken by Meg Cabot-Me, looking forward to a Cabot book. Who's surprised? Yeah, no one. Released July 2nd.

3) American Fairy Trilogy Book 2: Golden Girl by Sarah Zettel-I loved Dust Girl. It was one of my favorites of 2012. I can't wait for the sequel. Released June 25th.

4) Strange and Deadly series Book 2: A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard-I had a good time reading Something Strange and Deadly last year, plus I love me my steampunk. Add in zombies and it was pretty much a given I would enjoy this series. Released July 23rd.

5) Mythos Academy series Book 5: Midnight Frost by Jennifer Estep-Always up for an Estep book. Released July 30th.

6) Starglass by Phoebe North-Pretty Cover, awesome sounding summary. I'm in. Released July 23rd.

7) The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White-White handling Egyptian Gods? Sign me up. Released September 10th.

8) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black-It's Holly Black. Plus I loved the short story this is based on and can't wait to see its expansion. Released September 3rd.

9) Gallagher Girls Book 6: United We Spy by Ally Carter-I'm torn between epic sadness and epic jubilation that the final GG book is coming out. Released September 17th

10) Raven Cycle series Book 2: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater-Raven Boys may not have been my favorite thing, but it was still damn good and I can't wait to see what comes of waking the ley lines. I have a feeling this one will be more interesting then the first. Released September 17th.

Also looking forward too: Antigoddess by Kendare Blake, Conjured by Sarah Beth Durst, second Hybrid Chronicles book, Dancer Daughter Traitor Spy, Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay, Still Star-Crossed, and hopefully will finally be reading Bitterblue, the final Sookie Stackhouse book, A Dance With Dragons, and catching up on the Elemental Assassin series and Women of the Otherworld series.

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I didn't read the short story, but I'll try to check it out. I didn't even know there was a short story on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I should have put Gaiman's new book on my list. DARN! Too late now. :) Great list, I have a lot of those on my evergrowing pile.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my copy of THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to read it! I also need to read the rest of the Gallagher Girls series and read Kiersten White's new one (the ARC's on my Kindle). Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaiman's new book is on my reading pile too although I have no idea when I'll get it. Hope you enjoy all your summer reads :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely want to read THE DREAM THIEVES!! :) It's so good!

    ReplyDelete