Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Jan 13th

This is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga over at Tynga's Reviews that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week.

Just the usual library haul this week.

Drakon series Book 1: The Smoke Thief by Shana Abe. Adult series that I've already read and reviewed. Picked it up because the author has a YA series starting this year and I'd thought I'd see what her writing was like. Conclusion: love her writing/creativity didn't care for this particular book. I'm hoping the YA series will appeal more.

Crewel World Book 1: Crewel by Gennifer Albin-2012 debut that sounds awesome and that I've heard very good things about.

World of Kate Daniels Book 1: Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews-Spin-off series about the side characters of Kate Daniels? Sign me up!

Arcana Chronicles Book 1: Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. I've never read any of Cole's adult series, mostly because people compared her to Kenyon and Showalter and I'm not a fan of either of those authors. So low expectations for this one but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe it'll surprise me?

Confessions Book 1: Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro-Because myself really decided I needed to read another Patterson series even though I have yet to finish the Maximum Ride series nor have his other series really grabbed me. Maybe fourth times the charm?

Defiance Trilogy Book 1: Defiance by C. J. Redwine-2012 debut that I missed out reading when it came out. My bad. Not to be confused with the Syfy series of the same name coming out this year that looks kind of awesome.

Undeadly by Michele Vail-One of those Harlequin teen things that can often go either way on the quality scale.

Hybrid Chronicles Book 1: What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang-Another 2012 debut I meant to read last year. Have heard several good things.

2 comments:

  1. New follower! I wanted to like Undeadly, but it just wasn't what I wanted it to be. Hope you enjoy all of your books.

    Check out my SP & STS.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW, nice haul. :) I hope you enjoy your book. :)

    ReplyDelete